My Secret Recipe – Nat’l Banana Bread DayFebruary 23, 2020
Oh, my goodness. I love when the National Calendar has my comfort items. Today features one of the first recipes I ever perfected…. National Banana Bread Day. Get ready now, this isn’t your Grandma’s recipe!
I am all about that warm, moist loaf that has a sweet crust at the top and a crunch to the sides. I like to skip the loaf pan and pour the freckled batter into a 9 x 9 inch pan for the best crunch to bread ratio. My husband likes to toast and butter his slices, as if my recipe doesn’t bring us close to heaven already.
I’m not going to fill my blog with 100 photos and ads that make you scroll for days to find the recipe. I’m gonna set straight to the point to share my love.
Here’s what’s cookin’: Barnhart Banana Bread
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 medium, freckled bananas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1-2 handfuls of your favorite add in- I like chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan. (If you like a good bread to crunch ratio, use a 9 x 9 inch baking pan)
- Combine butter, eggs, and bananas. Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add flour in small intervals.
- Spoon mix your add-in favorite.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
What is your favorite add-in to banana bread? Leave a comment of what I should try next!
Subscribe to my Insider Look email from any page on my website, and receive exclusive access to our behind the scenes Facebook group!